- The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison– I loved this so much that as soon as I finished it I started over from the beginning, and once I finished my re-read I went straight to…
- The Witness for the Dead by Katherine Addison – which I also loved.
- Riccardino by Andrea Camilleri, translated by Stephen Sartarelli
- Stories from Apex: “On the Sunlit Side of Venus” by Benjamin Parzybok and “The Day When the Last War Is Over” by Sergey Gerasimov
- The Wood Wife by Terri Windling (re-read)
- Gossamer Axe by Gael Baudino (re-read)
- The Kingdoms by Natasha Pulley
- The Gatekeeper by James Byrne
- A Master of Djinn by P. Djèlí Clark
- Kindness Now by Amanda Gilbert
- Radical Compassion by Tara Brach
- Witches by Brenda Lozano, translated by Heather Cleary: loved this one.
- Woman of Light by Kali Fajardo-Anstine
- Dark Earth by Rebecca Stott: loved this one too
- When We Were Birds by Ayanna Lloyd Banwo: and loved this as well.
- Seasparrow by Kristin Cashore: I was afraid to start this book, as I love Cashore’s work in general but had such huge problems with her last book. I was worried that I might have similar issues with Seasparrow–but I didn’t! I read it fast enough that I don’t want to say more than that (am going back to re-read), but my first impression is positive.