- Wonderbook: The Illustrated Guide to Creating Imaginative Fiction (still!) by Jeff VanderMeer
- A Concise History of Japan by Brett Walker
- Hiroshige’s Fifty-three Stations of the Tōkaidō
- Hiroshige’s One Hundred Famous Views of Edo
- Ukiyo-e: the Art of the Japanese Print by Frederick Harris
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu (Sunzi)
- The Secret World: A History of Intelligence by Christopher Andrew
- The Secret State: A History of Intelligence and Espionage by Colonel John Hughes-Wilson
- Poisoner in Chief: Sidney Gottlieb and the CIA Search for Mind Control by Stephen Kinzer
- Circle of Treason: A CIA Account of Traitor Aldrich Ames and the Men He Betrayed by Sandra Grimes and Jeanne Vertefeuille
- One Pan and Done by Molly Gilbert
Yes, that is a weird collection of books. No, they are not all for the same project. Yes, they are all related to ongoing projects – three projects, to be precise! One novel, one picture book, one cooking project.
Usual disclaimer: while some of the links above will take you to Amazon, they are for informational purposes only (when other sites associated with the books are available, I’ve linked to them instead). The links should not be taken as any kind of recommendation to buy the product from the linked source, and neither I nor this site receive any funds from links to commercial sources.